Apprentice Plumbers are expected to assist in the assembly, and installation of water and drainage systems. They also attend school once a week to enhance their knowledge of the trade, and to reach their goal of becoming a journeyman plumber.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Listen and follow through on direction provided by their supervisor.
- Assist journeyman in the installation of water and sewer piping.
- Install plumbing equipment such as kitchen sinks, bathtubs, toilets, and water heaters.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Dig trenches for new pipelines.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; willing to perform work directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- The strength to lift heavy pipes
- Hard working
- Ability to maneuver in small spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to take and follow through on direction provided by a supervisor.
- Ability to read, understand, and follows safety procedures.
- Position Requires: a) Take and follow precise orders from their supervisors; b) Listen very carefully and communicate effectively.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a drug test.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 80%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com